My boyfriend’s rock band Sweet Fix is currently running an online fundraiser through PledgeMusic. It’s basically Kickstarter but strictly for music related projects. They’re trying to raise thirty grand so they can record their first studio album, pay the producer’s fee, have radio promotions, among other things. Sweet Fix is already up to 45% of their goal, and they have 40 days left to raise the remaining 55%.
Even though not many people ready this blog, and I’m not expecting many people to actually check it out, I wanted to promote their campaign here. If you actually decide to click the link, and then actually donate to their cause, (that would be incredibly appreciated) the minimum is $7. Thanks for reading this shameless promotion.
Finally getting over a week of being sick. Plan on re-recording this as I sound very monotonous.
- Hikari Furu – This is basically Kalafina singing to Sagitta Luminus from the Madoka Magica OST. Wakana’s got the lead in the vocals here, and they all sound lovely. But I prefer good ol’ Sagitta Luminus.
- Mirai – You know that old song Believe from the Tsubasa Chronicle OST? This song uses the exact same melody, just in a different key. And more percussion. I’m disappointed.
It’s not Kalafina’s fault. I feel like Kajiura’s been in a slump lately. Her work on Sword Awful Online and Fate/Zero was hardly up to her normal standards, and her songs for Kalafina seem to be declining in quality as well. Well, Moonfesta wasn’t too bad and the instrumentals were great. And I know that Hikari Furu is the main theme for the Madoka movies, but I really would’ve preferred to hear a brand new song.
Well, I finally uploaded myself singing something. My voice was in a really good place today, so I wanted to record at least one song. (There’s A World from “Next to Normal”)
You guys totally didn’t hear my last name.
- Makyuu – Ichii Bal – This song rocks. End of story. The (awesome) instrumentals can seem a little too loud at some points, though.
- Tsunaida te dake ga Tugumu Mono – Ugh. Okay. So this song continues the trend of significantly weaker B-sides. But my main gripe is how fucking annoying Takagaki Ayashi’s voice sounds. Chris’ voice is nasally to start with, so why make her sound even more nasally? Please stop singing through your nose, Ayahi. I understand you’re singing in character, but the vocalizing here is just…no. The song itself is probably the weakest next to Oribtal Beat. Nothing but disappointment here.
All of the good stuff is in the first song. That second song can go die in a fire. I’m not even a big fan of the cover art. This is probably my least favorite of all of Symphogear’s character CDs. If I were to rank them from strongest to weakest, it would be as follows:
- Kazenari Tsubasa
- Tachibana Hibiki
- Zwei Wing
- Yukine Chris