Sakamichi no Apollon 04 – Love polygon
I don’t even know what to say. This episode filled me with love and worry simultaneously.
- Sentarou has a great and realistic backstory.
- Kaoru is experiencing what it’s like to be a teenager without descending into pure unadulterated angst.
- The animation is still fucking spectacular. If they actually keep it up for the remaining seven episodes, I think I’ll start believing in miracles.
- None of the relationships are going to go smoothly. For once.
- I hope this love polygon doesn’t become the central focus. These things can end up being really great as long as it doesn’t take away from everything else.
- I also hope this doesn’t cause the show to steep into cheesy melodrama. Seeing as how all of the episodes have been so well written, I have faith in the scriptwriters.
- The above scene was hilarious.
- I like how Sentarou and Kaoru always make up by playing music.
- I was very impressed with the Engrish. Especially Jun’s singing. Was that really Suwabe Junichi? Kudos, sir.